2011 Mount Mary Quintet
  • 94

2011 Mount Mary Quintet

Yarra Valley, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
$199. 00
$2388.00 Dozen
ABV: 12.5%
Closure: Cork

The vineyard at Mount Mary is planted to Cabernet Sauvignon (46%), Merlot (26%), Cabernet Franc (18%), Malbec (5%) and Petit Verdot (5%). However, the actual final assemblage for the Quintet will vary each vintage depending on the season. Maturation generally takes place in a combination of 25% in large format oak (1500L or larger), and 30% in new barriques (225L) for a period of 22 months.

Other Reviews....
The hue is bright, although not deep - indeed crystal clear; the scented, perfumed red berry bouquet leads into a juicy palate with no green notes, just a touch of mint; it is long and evenly balanced, and will provide much pleasure over the next five or so years, thereafter is in the lap of the gods.
94 Points
Halliday's Australian Wine Companion