2010 Dom Ruinart Blanc De Blancs Champagne
  • 98
  • 94
  • 94
  • 95
  • 96

2010 Dom Ruinart Blanc De Blancs Champagne

Champagne, FRANCE
$549. 00
$6588.00 Dozen
ABV: 12.5%
Closure: Cork

The 2010 Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs is crafted solely from Grand Cru Chardonnay, with the majority, comprising 90%, cultivated in the esteemed vineyards of the Côte des Blancs, including Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Avize, Chouilly, and Cramant. The remaining 10% is sourced from the Montagne de Reims (Sillery). In their pursuit of excellence, Maison Ruinart is improving the aging process for Dom Ruinart wines, by reintroducing the traditional method of aging the wine with corks instead of metal caps. This choice also brings back a century-old practice of manually disgorging the wines. The wine goes through malolactic fermentation to add richness and is aged on lees for 9 years in bottle before being disgorged and topped with a dosage of 4g/L.

Other Reviews....
The 2010 Dom Ruinart is starting to open up nicely. There's still plenty of the intense, chalky minerality and energy the wine showed last year, but also a bit more mid-palate richness to balance things out. Lemon confit, marzipan, white flowers, slate and white pepper are some of the many aromas and flavors that take shape in the glass. As good as the 2010 is today, I imagine it will be even better in another few years' time. As I have written previously, the 2010 Dom Ruinart is one of the most impressive Champagnes ever made here. If there is anything better, I don't think I have tasted it! Drink 2024 - 2050.
98 Points
Antonio Galloni - Vinous

Almost like a white, with a smoky and flinty nose. Dried lemons, cedar, smoked almonds, spiced apples, hazelnuts, salted butter and toast. Tangy and sharp, yet creamy and buttery, too, with fine bubbles. Hazelnuts at the end. Disgorged in February 2021. Drink or hold.
94 Points

The first vintage since the 1960s to see tirage under natural cork in lieu of crown caps, the 2010 Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs was disgorged in November 2021. It's showing nicely, over-performing for the vintage, displaying aromas of yellow orchard fruit, toasted nuts, spices, smoke, dried white flowers and iodine. Medium to full-bodied, pillowy and layered, with impressive concentration and chalky structure, it concludes with a long, saline finish. Drink 2022 - 2035.
94 Points
William Kelley - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

A mineral-driven Champagne, creamy and compact, this deftly meshes a layer of smoke, chalk and saline with detailed flavors of glazed apple and apricot, roasted hazelnut and ginger-infused pastry cream carried on a raw silky mousse. The fine texture softens the firm spine of chiseled acidity that structures the wine, and hints of white blossoms, Meyer lemon and oyster shell play on the finish. Disgorged November 2020. Drink now through 2035.
95 Points
Alison Napjus - Wine Spectator

This is the first vintage of this cuvée that the house has opted to age under cork instead of crown capsule for the aging on the lees, sur latte. It pours a vibrant straw/green hue, and comes from five villages: Sillery, Avize, Cramant, Chouily, and Mesnil-sur-Oger. The 2010 Champagne Dom Ruinart Blanc De Blancs Extra Brut was raised, as it always is, without the use of oak, and saw 3 grams per liter of dosage. Highly expressive on opening, it’s layered with aromas of fresh baked croissant, key lime, melon, and honeysuckle. Rounded and long on the palate, it’s elegant and refined within its medium frame and takes on a remarkable silky chalk texture. Floral all the way through the finish, with long-lasting notes of lemon curd, it retains a springy freshness that is true to the house style but is quite elevated and impeccably well-balanced with layered depth. This would be a great addition to the cellar. Drink 2025-2045. Disgorged in June of 2022.
96 points
Audrey Frick - JebDunnuck.com