Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2020 Aromes de Pavie Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Composed of 50% Merlot and 50% Cabernet Franc, the 2020 Arômes de Pavie has an alcohol of 14.78% and a pH of 3.57. It is aging in French oak barriques, 70% new. Deep purple-black in color, it needs a little swirling to unleash its exuberant scents of stewed black plums, black cherry compote and boysenberries, plus hints of tar, sautéed herbs and chargrill. The full-bodied palate packs in the black fruit layers, framed by soft tannins and tons of freshness, finishing long and earthy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Arômes de Pavie represents a major step up in quality vis-à-vis previous vintages. It is a deep, statuesque wine endowed with tremendous power, richness and resonance. Plum, mocha, licorice, espresso and spice all flesh out in the glass. I can't wait to taste this in bottle. This is the first year in which the blend is equal parts Merlot and Cabernet Franc, both increasingly from plots dedicated to the Arômes, a departure from the past, when this wine was a selection of younger-vine fruit and lots that did not make it into the Grand Vin.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Second wine of Pavie with wonderful blackberry, black olive and dark chocolate. Full and chewy with a powerful finish. Lots of structure and intensity.
Deeply colored, the wine offers red and black plums, flowers, boysenberry, espresso and dark chocolate on the nose. On the palate the wine is full-bodied, lush and concentrated, velvet textures and loads of sweet, fleshy, flashy, dark red fruits, spice, espresso and cocoa in the finish. Aromes de Pavie is no longer the second wine of Pavie. Because all its fruit comes from a specific 11 hectare parcel, it should be looked at as its own brand. The wine blends 50% Merlot and 50% Cabernet Franc.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Powerful and upfront, with a thick layer of liquorice and clove, blueberry and blackberry fruit. A little more of a monolith than the main estate wine of Pavie - something that you find often this year, where the tannins seem to go to the second wines. 70% new oak, 3.57pH. A yield of 35hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
50% Merlot, 50% Cabernet Franc. From designated parcels (11 ha) on the plateau. Cask sample.
Ripe and pure-fruited but the freshness really comes through with this (first time) 50/50 blend. Chalky, mineral note behind. Fine-grained tannins. Drives on the finish with the fruit and freshness. More than adequate understudy while awaiting the grand vin.
James Lawther MW - jancisrobinson.com
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.