Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2019 Chateau Gazin Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Situated at the highest elevation in Pomerol, the single plot of vines at Chateau Gazin are planted on gravel and clay soils, including some on the famous blue clay shared with their illustrious neighbour Petrus. Current plantings are 90% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Cabernet Franc, while future plans include more plantings of Cabernet Franc in place of Merlot.
Quality has been on a steady rise since the renovation of their winemaking facilities in the 1990's, and the last decade in particular has produced some of the greatest wines in the estate’s history.
The 2019 Gazin is succulent, racy and forward. Super-ripe red cherry, kirsch, cedar and new leather are all laced together here. Deceptive in its mid-weight feel, the 2019 is racy and forward, with plenty of the vintage's radiance on display. Best of all, the 2019 should drink well right out of the gate.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Gazin is tightly wound at first and needs coaxing from the glass. Broody dark berry fruit, truffle and smoke eventually emerge, flanked by a discrete marine influence. The palate is very promising with saturated tannins that belie the structure of this Pomerol. The freshness is very impressive, lighting up the senses. The finish is imbued with wonderful tension and traces of iron on the aftertaste. Quintessentially Gazin, this is a superb wine.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A tight, focused red with blackberry and blueberry character, as well as chocolate. It’s full and compact with soft, silky tannins and a flavorful finish. Harmonious.
The 2019 Château Gazin checks in as 89% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Sauvignon, and the balance Cabernet Franc. I'm not sure it's going to match the 2018, but it's certainly not far off and has a wonderful mix of freshness, richness, and complexity that's the hallmark of this great vintage. Lots of ripe red and black fruits, tobacco, mocha, and spring flower notes all emerge from the glass, and it's beautifully balanced, building nicely with time in the glass, and just has everything in the right places. This gorgeous Pomerol in the making will be accessible in its youth and drink brilliantly for 15-20 years.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.