Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Pavie Decesse Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Grapes for this wine come from the plateau and were harvested October 3 with yields of 32 hectoliters per hectare. Composed of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc with a pH of 3.57 and 14.52% alcohol, the 2018 Pavie Decesse is deep purple-black in color and strides confidently out of the glass with a very serious nose of crushed blackberries, warm black plums, mulberries and cassis plus touches of camphor, lavender, black olives and crushed rocks with a waft of woodsmoke. Full-bodied and laden with taut, muscular black fruit and loads of mineral accents, it has a firm structure of super ripe, finely grained tannins and amazing freshness, finishing very long and very layered.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
Well-endowed, with creamed boysenberry, fig and loganberry flavors, this is a step ahead of the pack. As lush as the fruit is, this shows admirable grip and some flashy spice and toast notes filling in throughout. A head-turner in the making.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
Powerful young red with blackberry and blueberry aromas and flavors. Full-bodied, very strong and concentrated with great length and minerality at the end. Finesse with power.
The 2018 Pavie-Decesse is laced with the essence of blackberry jam, grilled herbs, spice, leather and tobacco, all of which add to an impression of brooding power. This massively tannic, backward Saint-Émilion is going to require patience, but there is certainly plenty to look forward to. In 2018, Pavie-Decesse impresses with its vertical intensity and pure power.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
All from the upper plateau and incredible limestone soils, the 2018 Château Pavie Decesse is a crazy good wine that's going to flirt with perfection. Black raspberries, cassis, crushed stone, exotic flowers, and an incredible salinity all give way to a full-bodied, concentrated yet elegant wine that just glides over the palate. Made from 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, it’s going to require 4-6 years of bottle age, but it’s one of the great wines of the vintage.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.