Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Marquis d'Alesme Becker Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Marquis d'Alesme Becker is a blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot and 3% Cabernet Franc cropped between 4-24 October and matured in 65% new oak. It has a tight and focused bouquet, well defined but less generous than its peers: blackberry, briary, a touch of limestone and cedar aromas gently unfolding in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with a grainy texture, very harmonious with superb depth, perhaps demonstrating more roundness and opulence than its peers with a very concentrated finish where I would just like to see more finesse come through.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Fresh, with a pure beam of cassis, flecked with singed alder, dried anise and lilac notes. Shows good latent grip through the finish, maintaining a racy edge.-J.M.
Refined and very pretty with currants, blueberries and crushed stones. Medium body and polished tannins. Not the 2015 but very inviting indeed.
The 2016 Marquis d'Alesme Becker is a bold, racy wine. Beams of tannin and bright acids give the wine its shape and energy. Hints of smoke, espresso, succulent red cherry and rose petal build gradually into a crescendo of aromas, flavors and textures. The 2016 is powerful, concentrated and dense, yet retains terrific balance, with more than enough fruit intensity to handle the tannins. Michel Rolland is the consultant. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.