Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Siran Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Siran is a blend of 55% Merlot, 38% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Petit Verdot picked between 17 September to 12 October. It is raised in 25% new oak plus one-year barrels. It is a little richer and more opulent than its neighbor, the 2015 Dauzac, due to the higher proportion of Merlot. It veers to more red fruit here, wild strawberry and later cassis. The palate is smooth and sensual on the entry, very well defined with a keen thread of acidity. It grips the mouth, implying that there is more Cabernet than there actually is. I like the volume here, and unlike previous vintages that seemed to show some warmth on the finish, here the finish is much more linear and controlled, fanning out gracefully but with power emanating from that Merlot. This is likely to be proprietor Edouard Miailhe's best wine in recent years.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Supple and lush, offering enticing black currant and plum purée notes carried by warm, caressing tannins, with a lingering backdrop of espresso and roasted cedar.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Fine Margaux florality and very good depth of fruit. Almost has the breed of a cru classé with good natural charm, tannins and acidity for the future.
This really is fantastic with so much ripe fruit and ripe tannins. Exquisite purity and beauty. 55% merlot, 38% cabernet sauvignon and 7% petit verdot.
The wine shows the way this estate has developed. With fine acidity and generous although gentle tannins, it has fine fruits and a ripe character. The aftertaste is shot through with acidity.
The 2015 Siran is a dark, burly Margaux. Still, there is good depth and texture throughout. It will be interesting to see if some of the contours soften. Today, the Siran is a bit rustic and rough around the edges. Dark cherry, plum, leather, smoke and tobacco add complexity on the finish. Because of the high percentage of Merlot this is not a typical Margaux, but it is very pretty just the same. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.