Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2013 Tardieu-Laurent Hermitage Pre-arrival
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- ABV 13%
- Closure: Cork
Regular readers won't need much of an introduction to the wines of Maison Tardieu Laurent, having been consistently one of the best performing producers in the Rhone Valley over the last decade. The challenge has always been the ability to source enough wine to go around, a task made harder in small volume years such as 2013.It was the lack of Grenache grapes in the Southern Rhone that caused many of the headaches, and which has also defined the character of the wines in 2013. Chief blending partners Syrah (Shiraz) and Mourvedre performed well, and as less obviously sweet grapes the resulting wines show a more elegant, savoury side to the Southern Rhone. What Grenache that was available was harvested late in the season, perfectly ripe with more freshness than seen in recent years. Many commentators have noted how Burgundian the wines look, not a bad thing at all and possibly more to the liking of consumers than recent warm, drought years. Gigondas and Chateauneuf-du-Pape were the star villages. In the north it was a similarly delayed season, but a late summer heat spell ensured a very successful harvest. Much of the Syrah in the north had very small berries, resulting in powerful, dense wines with enormous structure. Cote-Rotie and Hermitage will be excellent in 2013. Quantities across the board are extremely limited, but especially the wines of the north. Other reviews....
Another serious 2013 from Michel, the 2013 Hermitage boasts terrific notes of crushed rocks, smoked meats, licorice and assorted blackberry and cassis-like fruit. It has medium to full-bodied richness, beautiful purity and vibrant acidity. It should benefit from 3-4 years of cellaring and have 15 years or more of longevity.
Jeb Dunnuck - eRobertParker.com #216 (Dec 2014)
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Payment in full is required at time of order to secure these wines at the pre-arrival pricing
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in July 2016.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined on the Freight Rates page.