Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2011 Olivier Leflaive Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Abbaye de Morgeot Pre-arrival
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
While much of the soil within Chassagne-Montrachet is better suited to red wine production, the best wines from the commune are whites planted on suitable hillside plots. Indeed, Chassagne-Montrachet is home to three Grand Cru vineyards including a share of the grandest of all, Montrachet.
Most of the area on the mid and upper slopes are classified as Premier Cru. Style can vary across each vineyard, but generally the wines are fruit rich and very complex, with hints of spice and flinty mineral notes. A classic White Burgundy profile.
An iron note graces the apple, lemon and buttered pastry flavors in this vibrant white. Taut and steely, with a lingering stony finish. A bit sharp, but will appeal to fans of acidity. Best from 2016 through 2024. –BS
A gentle touch of wood frames an expressive nose of herbal tea, resin and mostly yellow orchard fruit aromas.
There is fine richness to the intense and full-bodied flavors that are blessed with ample mid-palate fat and good depth on the complex and balanced finish. This is very Morgeot, with its generous proportions and good depth if limited refinement.
Burghound - Allen Meadows
Smoky and stylish- lots of trendy Burgundian flintiness, crakling smoke on the finish, great fruit definition. Smooth, succulent apple fruit and a touch of toffee to round the palate out. Excellent.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in November 2015.
4. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
5. Errors and omissions excepted.
6. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.