Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2003 Chateau d'Yquem Sauternes Pre-arrival
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- ABV 14%
- Closure: Cork
Full bottle offer at 375ml pricing!
Squarely on the tropical side of the spectrum, with mango, papaya and pineapple fruit laced with a marmalade note. Long and very caressing through the finish, but never heady or overpowering, as orange pâte de fruit, ginger and singed almond accents lend cut and precision. Shows the heat of the vintage while retaining energy and drive. Impressive.—Non-blind Yquem vertical (July 2014). Drink now through 2040. –JM
Served from an ex-chateau bottle. Picked in one trie, the 2003 Chateau d’Yquem is slightly deeper in color compared to the 2004. It is attired with an intriguing bouquet with Manuka honey, quince, honeycomb and a touch of nougat, though it does not have the pixilation of a top vintage. The palate is unctuous right from the start: gloopy in texture with hedonistic ripe honeyed fruit laced with orange zest and a strong spicy note on the finish. It has moderate length, but finishes with plenty of glycerine in the mouth. This is certainly the finest 2003 Sauternes.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #213 (Jun 2014)
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in September 2015.
4. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
5. Errors and omissions excepted.
6. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.