Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2020 Chateau Nenin Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
A blend of 68% Merlot (harvested 8th to 16th September) and 32% Cabernet Franc (harvested 21st to 23rd September), the 2020 Nenin is aging in French oak barriques, 40% new. It has an alcohol of 14%, a pH of 3.65 and an IPT (tannin index) of 76. Deep purple-black in color, it glides effortlessly out of the glass with wonderfully pure notes of crushed blueberries, fresh blackberries and ripe red and black plums, plus suggestions of lavender, star anise and Ceylon tea with a waft of cast-iron pan. The medium-bodied palate is fantastically elegant and beautifully poised, featuring exquisitely ripe, fine-grained tannins and bold freshness to support the perfumed red and black fruit layers, finishing long and mineral laced. A real head-turner!
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Nénin now comes exclusively from the Pomerol plateau. It was picked September 8–16 for the Merlot and September 21–23 for the Cabernet Franc, and raised in 40% new oak. Whereas the Fugue de Nénin is open and expressive, clearly the Grand Vin cares little for showing its wares at this early stage, remaining tight-lipped for an hour before almost reluctantly opening with blackberry, thyme and gravelly scents, all well defined and focused. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit and a fine bead of acidity. The Cabernet Franc imparts welcome pepperiness toward the latter half – not a million miles away from Trotanoy. This trait turns more toward a pencil lead note with continued aeration. A serious Pomerol that deserves 5–7 years in the cellar, but has the substance to give 30 years of drinking pleasure.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is from only the old vines in the clay and gravel soils on the plateau. Really fantastic. It’s medium-to full-bodied and the tannins just roll off the palate at the end. Dark fruit and spices. So long. One of the best modern wines from here? 68% merlot and 32% cabernet franc.
A blend of 68% Merlot and 32% Cabernet Franc raised in 40% new oak, the 2020 Château Nenin brings the intensity up a notch, offering a rock star nose of cassis and darker berries as well as crushed stone, graphite, chocolate, and violets. The purity is spot on and it has a precise, focused texture that's very much in the vintage, flawless balance, and a great finish. It's another gem of a Pomerol in the vintage readers will love to have in the cellar. For the tech geeks out there, the alcohol reached 14% and the pH was 3.65 with an IPT of 76.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.