Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2020 Chateau Lilian Ladouys Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Originally known as La Doys, Saint-Estephe property Chateau Lilian Ladouys has 47 hectares of vineyards planted to a mix of 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot, and 5% Cabernet Franc. While the makeup of their vineyards is moving to more gravel and clay soils with recent purchases, there are still areas planted on limestone soils.
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2020 Lilian Ladouys comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant notes of crushed black cherries, kirsch and warm cassis, plus hints of cinnamon stick, dusty soil and wild sage. The medium-bodied palate delivers mouth-filling black berry and earthy layers, supported by ripe, approachable tannins and a racy backbone, finishing on a lingering mineral note. A property to watch—in 2018, the Lorenzetti family purchased two neighbor estates, Château Clauzet and Château Tour de Pez, adding these to the Lilian Ladouys vineyard to almost double its planted area to 77 hectares. These additional vineyards are composed of gravelly soils of the same level as the best blocks of Lilian Ladouys. Soils are a typical Saint-Estèphe mix of sandy gravel and clay with some limestone deposits. It is planted at 8,500-10,000 vines per hectare, with an average vine age of 37 years in 2020.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
A very pretty, medium-bodied wine with fine tannins, lovely fruit and a creamy finish. Nicely integrated for the vintage in this appellation.
This estate continues to deliver the goods, and the 2020 Château Lilian Ladouys is another smoking wine readers will love. Lots of ripe black fruits, tobacco leaf, chocolate, and damp earth give way to a medium to full-bodied, nicely concentrated, textured, beautifully balanced red that will drink well for 20 years or more.
I am really liking the spicy quality to the fresh, sweet red fruits, cigar wrapper, cedar and blackberries on the nose. Medium/full-bodied, round, soft and energetic, there is richness along with soft textured tannins, ripe dark red fruits and a hint of cocoa in the finish.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.