Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2020 Chateau Joanin Becot Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2020 Joanin Becot has a deep purple-black color and fragrant notions of Morello cherries, black raspberries, stewed plums and violets, with hints of cardamom and Sichuan pepper, plus a touch of forest floor. The medium-bodied palate is soft and juicy, delivering compelling freshness and a beautifully harmonious finish.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
This is very spicy with lots of crushed sea salt and cloves. Dark fruit, chocolate and blackberries. Very round, yet chewy. A luxurious red from this appellation. 90% merlot and 10% cabernet franc.
The combination of fresh, savory, spiced fruits, plums, mint and cherries is great from the get-go. Medium-bodied, soft, silky and pure, with a beautiful sweetness to fruits on the mid-palate, the wine ends with gentle polished kirsch and juicy plums. The wine is made from blending 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. This is clearly a new level of quality for Joanin Becot.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Full of life, with a blueberry coulis burst on the attack and raspberry leaf edging. Some austerity to the tannins, but settles in to the glass, and this should be ready to go within a year or two of bottling. A yield of 20hl/ha, low mainly from the hail at the end of May rather than the drought. They lost around 40% of the vineyard (also why less Cabernet Franc is in the blend than usual). Consultant Thomas Duclos, technical director Jean de Cornuaud. The estate is located in St-Philippe d'Aiguilhe, with a cooler terroir than Beausejour Becot, meaning harvest here was September 19th to October 9th.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.