Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2020 Chateau Barde-Haut Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Opaque purple-black in color, the 2020 Barde-Haut opens with a beguiling perfume of wild blueberries, dark chocolate and candied violets before giving way to notes of kirsch, forest floor and spice cake with a waft of dried mint. The medium to full-bodied palate bursts with juicy black and blue fruits, supported by a lovely line of freshness and beautifully soft tannins, finishing with impressive restraint and a long-lingering mineral note.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
A young red with blackberry, chocolate and walnut character that follows through to a medium to full body with creamy tannins and a flavorful finish. Subtle in the end.
With a striking combination of black, red and blue fruit, there is a sense of ripeness and purity here, along with sensuous, velvety textures that feel just great. There is length, complexity, richness, balance and opulence with the ability to age for 20-25 years. The wine was made from 80% Merlot with 20% Cabernet Franc, 14.5% ABV. This is a serious contender for the best vintage of Barde Haut ever produced.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
A good drop of damson and black cherry fruits right up front, and holds its line while the more austere tannins come in towards the finish. Expertly extracted, self-contained right now, firm fruits that don't dip through the mid palate alongside a glossy wash of liquorice, black chocolate, sage and anis. This is clearly going to age well. 60% new oak for ageing. Owned by Hélène Garcin-Leveque, this is located right next to Troplong Mondot.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.