Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2019 Les Pagodes de Cos Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2019 Les Pagodes de Cos (14.03% alcohol) is a blend of 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 36% Merlot, 4% Petit Verdot and 5% Cabernet Franc, aging in 20% new barriques. Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, notions of wild blueberries, boysenberries and redcurrant jelly come bounding out of the glass, followed by a profound core of warm cassis, licorice and bouquet garni with a touch of cinnamon stick. Medium to full-bodied, the palate bursts with bright, expressive black and red fruit flavors, framed by firm, fine-grained tannins and loads of freshness, finishing on a lingering spicy note.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 Les Pagodes de Cos is a powerful, tightly wound wine, its mid-weight structure notwithstanding. Grilled herbs, menthol, licorice, dried herbs and rose petal lend aromatic brightness. In this tasting, the 2019 comes across as a bit compact and nervous, which may be attributable to its recent racking . Even so, there is plenty of character. It will be interesting to see what time brings.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Les Pagodes de Cos has an intriguing bouquet that takes time to settle in the glass. When it finally does, it reveals well-defined blackberry, raspberry and briary aromas, a touch of undergrowth/damp moss too. Where it really delivers is on the elegant palate framed by fine-boned tannins and a fine bead of acidity. A Pauillac-like, pencil lead tinged finish, that dare I say, is reminiscent of Lafite-Rothschild! This is well worth seeking out.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is really minerally and salty with spices, such as cloves. Full-bodied, yet tight and beautiful. Chewy, yet focused and bright. Very integrated. Hard not to drink.
Moving to the Saint-Estèphe releases, the 2019 Pagodes De Cos is based on 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 36% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and the rest Petit Verdot, which is very close to the blend of the 2018. It sports a vibrant purple color as well as classic Saint-Estèphe dark currant fruits interwoven with plenty of damp earth, cedar box, tobacco, and graphite. It's beautifully textured, medium to full-bodied, has silky tannins, and great balance. It's a serious second wine.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.