Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES EXPECT INCREASED DELAYS ON ALL DELIVERIES.
- AUSTRALIA POST DELIVERIES WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER.
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2019 Chateau Faugeres Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2019 Faugères has a very deep garnet-purple color. It delivers initial notes of Marmite toast, baked plums and black truffles, soon giving way to smoked meats, blackberry pie and peppered salami hints. Full-bodied, the palate is jam-packed with black fruit preserves and savory layers, featuring a firm, grainy frame and invigorating freshness, finishing long and earthy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 Faugères is fabulous. Inky dark fruit, graphite, crushed rocks, menthol, sweet French oak, lavender and blueberry jam infuse the 2019 with myriad layers of complexity and dimension. In the glass, the 2019 is sweet and unctuous, not to mention incredibly deep. This is an especially flamboyant style; it works so well here.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Very tight and finely tannined with a compact palate and loads of blue-fruit and blackberry character. It’s full-bodied, but muscular and focused, to pull it into form.
Coming from vines on the eastern side of the appellation, the 2019 Château Faugeres is a Merlot-dominated cuvée that includes small amounts of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. This is an incredibly consistent château, and the 2019 is beautifully done, revealing a saturated purple color, a great nose of blackberries, blueberries, violets, toasted spices, and candied orange, full body, and a plush, super rich, textured mouthfeel that keeps you coming back to the glass. Despite being a big, rich wine, it shows the lively, weightless style that's that hallmark of the vintage.
Dark in color, the wine is packed with round, fat fruits, licorice and soft tannins. The mid-palate and endnotes come with a ripe, sweet, fruity finish that carries on nicely. This wine is forward in style and should be great to enjoy close to its release. The wine was made from a blend of 70% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Franc and 9% Cabernet Sauvignon.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.