Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2019 Chateau Clinet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Given Chateau Clinet are situated on some of the finest terroir in Pomerol, the wines from here are relatively under the radar relative to some of the most revered wines from the region. Planted to 88% Merlot, 11.5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 0.5% Cabernet Franc, the wines are typically supple with generous richness and complexity. However, as with many in the area, production is small with an average of 3,200 cases produced annually.
The 2019 Clinet is a dark, sensual wine. Grilled herbs and crushed flowers give the 2019 a pretty, savory dimension to play off the natural potency of the year. A virile and imposing Pomerol, Clinet has plenty to offer, especially once the tannins soften. Two thousand nineteen is an outstanding vintage for Clinet.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Clinet is just so fragrant on the nose: black and red fruit vying for attention, iris and incense, touches of truffle in the background. The purity that Ronan Laborde and his team have achieved should be applauded. The palate is medium-bodied with saturated tannins, perfect acidity, brilliant focus and a killer sense of tension on the finish. This is a stunning Clinet, the best that I have encountered in barrel over 20 years of tasting. That creamy texture takes your breath away. Up there with the very best - a Clinet that rivets you to the spot.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A firm, silky red with blackberry, black-olive, green-olive and stone aromas and flavors. It’s full-bodied with juicy fruit and a flavorful finish. The balance and texture of this wine is exceptional.
Seductive and appealing blend of rich coffee and chocolate alongside pulsing cassis and bilberry fruits. Great quality Clinet, extremely well expressed with controlled ripe fruits and firm tannins that provide a pretty strict frame at this point. This is a high percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon for a Pomerol wine, and it gives characteristic poise and balance. A yield of 38hl/ha. 75% new oak.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Dark garnet in hue, the truffle, tobacco, smoke, licorice, spice, flower, plum and chocolate aromas work here. But it is on the palate where the wine really rocks. Sultry, rich, opulent, full-bodied, deep and ostentatious, this is incredibly sexy. The layers of velvet-textured, perfectly ripe, sweet, fleshy fruit, with its mineral-driven, salty tannins and dark cocoa covered fruit in the finish lingers and expands. The wine is a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc reaching 14.5% alcohol with pH of 3.75. The harvest took place September 18 to September 26.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.