Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES EXPECT INCREASED DELAYS ON ALL DELIVERIES.
- AUSTRALIA POST DELIVERIES WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER.
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2019 Chateau Capbern Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Chateau Capbern (formerly Capbern Gasqueton) is on a roll since the new owners took over the estate, along with Calon Segur, in 2012. Already blessed with prime vineyards close to heavyweights Montrose and Phelan Segur, their winemaking facilities have recently been rejuvenated and the wines haven't looked better.
Vineyards at the estate are planted to 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, with an average vine age of 30 years. Vinification takes place in stainless steel vats, malolactic fermentation in tank, and the wine is aged in 50% new French oak barrels for 18 months.
This is a gorgeous young sample with wonderful blue fruit and spices, as well as a nice overlay of pretty wood. Medium to full body and firm, silky tannins. Hints of minerals. Better than 2018.
Spicy black raspberries, cassis and blackberry fruits with just a touch of oak, wet earth and forest leaf aromas on the nose smell great. On the palate, the wine is lush, round and opulently textured, with length and purity in the fruits. Clearly, this is a new level for Capbern. The wine is a blend of 69% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, reaching 15.1% alcohol.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Capbern is bold and exuberant in 2019. Black cherry, plum, chocolate, new leather, licorice and spice are kicked up a few notches here. Exuberant and racy to the core, Capbern is a total knock-out in this vintage. At 15.1% alcohol, this is an especially unctuous, rich and ripe style, but it works well in this vintage for this cru.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page