Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2019 Chateau Bellevue Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Bellevue is a pretty little vineyard poised just above Château Angelus in Saint-Émilion. The soils here are clay/limestone, and it is planted to 100% Merlot. Deep purple-black in color, the 2019 Bellevue rolls sensuously out of the glass with enticing notes of preserved plums, blueberry compote and Black Forest cake plus hints of powdered cinnamon, clove oil, candied violets and star anise. Full-bodied, concentrated and totally seductive in the mouth, the decadent black and blue fruits are well-supported by firm yet velvety tannins and tons of freshness, finishing very long and wonderfully opulent.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 Bellevue is a gorgeous, deep wine marked by veins of chalky salinity that give the wine energy and drive. As always, Bellevue is a distinctly vibrant Saint-Émilion from coolish soils. It is perhaps a bit less immediate than some of its neighbors, but it makes up for that with its distinctive raciness. There is plenty to look forward to here.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Bellevue has an attractive, oyster shell tinged bouquet that is very well defined by opulent blackberry and blueberry fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins, silky in texture with a lovely countervailing sour cherry that lends welcome tension towards the finish. It will require 4-5 years in bottle but it will gift 20-30 years' drinking pleasure.
Neal Martin - Vinous
I've always enjoyed this wine (I recently finished a case of the 2003, which needs to be drunk up), and the 2019 Château Bellevue showed beautifully. Dense purple-hued with lots of cassis, gravelly earth, violets, and spicy oak, it hits the palate with full-bodied richness, a soft, opulent mouthfeel, ripe tannins, and a great finish. It's a beautiful wine in the making and well worth a case purchase.
As ever a lesson in terroir, because 100% Merlot but with low pH from cool clay-limestone soils that means it can be austere in the early days. This has beautiful redcurrant leaf notes, reminiscent of a Cabernet Franc, low yields just under 30hl/ha so had to be very careful with extraction. This really does have sapidity and salinity, appetising tannins and a touch of minerality, with a purity that makes me think of Château Magdeleine back in the old days before it became subsumed into Belair-Monange. Strongly recommend. I love also how it has its own clear personality so distinct from Angélus and they are right next door.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.