Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES EXPECT INCREASED DELAYS ON ALL DELIVERIES.
- AUSTRALIA POST DELIVERIES WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER.
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2019 Chateau Barde-Haut Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2019 Barde-Haut comes skipping out of the glass with bright, cheery black plums, Morello cherries, black raspberries and mulberries scents plus suggestions of dusty soil, cinnamon stick, pencil shavings and lavender. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has wonderful energy, with a lively line of freshness and well-played, rounded tannins, finishing with an invigorating lift.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 Barde-Haut is an opulent, full-throttle Saint-Émilion. Inky dark fruit, chocolate, licorice, cloves and menthol power through in a heady, exotic Saint-Émilion that very much reflects the opulent style of the year. Today, the tannins are equally imposing, which suggests the 2019 is going to need a number of years in bottle to come around. Readers should expected a potent, flamboyantly ripe style.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Barde-Haut has a not dissimilar bouquet to the excellent Poesia, vivacious and intense with black cherries, blueberry, vanilla pod and raspberry that likewise burst from the glass. Lovely purity here. The palate is very well balanced with supple tannins, a fine line of acidity, full of tension and poise with a detailed, cedar and graphite tinged finish. This is a superb Barde-Haute that will give 20+ years of drinking pleasure.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A really fantastic young wine with crushed blackberries, black truffles and stones. White pepper, too. It’s full-bodied, tight and polished with beautiful texture. Excellent, like the 2018.
Classified estate right next to Troplong Mondot, with real emphasis on the salinity of limestone, wrapped in delicious black fruits, soft spices and persistent smoked oak. This is an excellent wine, extremely well put together with clear ageing potential.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Truffle, smoke, mint, charcoal, flowers, cocoa and sweet red berries open the perfume. On the mouth, the wine is full-bodied, lush, silky and rich. Luxuriously textured on the palate, with all the ripe, juicy, sweet plums and cherries you can imagine coated with licorice and chocolate, this wine tastes and feels great in the finish. The wine was made from 75% Merlot with 25% Cabernet Franc, reaching 14.5% alcohol. Clearly, this is a new level of quality for Barde Haut that will age quite nicely for at least 2 decades or longer.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.