Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Moulin du Cadet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
This 2.85-hectare vineyard was acquired by the Lefévère family in 2015, owners of the nearby Sansonnet and Soutard Cadet. The 100% Merlot vines have an average age of 35 years and are planted at a density of 6,000 vines per hectare. The soil is a mix of fine clay and limestone. From the lieu-dit Le Cadet, the deep purple-black colored 2018 Moulin du Cadet gives up bold plum preserves, black cherry compote and baked blueberry scents with touches of tar, chargrill, menthol and scorched earth. Full, rich and seductive, it has a spicy undercurrent and great freshness, finishing soft and seductive.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
A medium-bodied and juicy red with dark berries, volcanic salt and hints of seaweed. Firm tannins. Vivid and focused. Pure merlot.
The 2018 Moulin du Cadet is 100% Merlot from a tiny vineyard measuring just under three hectares. Powerful, dense and explosive, the 2018 possesses tremendous intensity from the outset. Blackberry jam, spice, wild flowers, menthol, licorice and chocolate race out of the glass as this sumptuous Saint-Émilion shows off its personality and sheer allure, both of which it has in spades. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
This tiny estate was purchased by the Lefévère family in 2015, who are also the owners of the nearby grands cru classés, Sansonnet and Soutard Cadet. Planted all to Merlot, the 2018 Château Moulin du Cadet is a selection of 75% of the total production and is aging in 80% new French oak. It’s certainly the finest vintage I’ve tasted, offering beautiful notes of blue fruits, spice, and graphite, with a kiss of minerality. Medium to full-bodied, beautifully fresh and focused, with plenty of background oak, it has a modern style yet also classic Saint-Émilion character. Hide bottles for a solid 4-5 years and enjoy over the following 15 years or more.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.