Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Labegorce Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Beginning with the 2009 vintage, Labégorce Zédé has been folded into Labégorce, both of which are owned by the Perrodo family (as is the recently acquired Marquis d'Alesme). The 53-hectare vineyard has thus grown to 65 hectares and remains situated on the plateau just north of the town of Margaux, across the road from Lascombes. Density now approaches 10,000 vines per hectare with an average age in 2018 of 29 years. Aging is in 40% new and 60% one-year-old barrels. The blend is 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot and it has 14% alcohol. Deep purple-black colored, the 2018 Labégorce is a little subdued by cedar to begin, giving way to a core of plum preserves, Black Forest cake and Indian spices with wafts of garrigue and lavender. Full, concentrated and laden with black fruit preserves, it has an approachable frame of firm, rounded tannins and just enough freshness, finishing on a peppery note.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
Really expressive, with a gorgeous beam of raspberry, blackberry and blueberry fruit driving through, inlaid with graphite and anise notes. The very polished feel lets the fruit glisten on the finish.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
This is a plump and rich Labégorce with a full body, juicy tannins and a long and flavorful finish. Lots of pure and intense fruit.
There are notions of some serious wood aging here, which are happily sustained by the black currant flavor and lively acidity. It will be a firm wine for many years before it opens up.
Another winner from Margaux is the 2018 Château Labégorce, which is an interesting blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, and the rest equal parts Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot (although I was given slightly different blends for the two samples tasted). Aging in 40% new oak, this deeply colored effort offers a beautiful perfume of blueberries, raspberries, flowers, and spice. It’s medium to full-bodied, has remarkable purity, and fine tannins, and should be approachable right out of the gate. It’s worth mentioning this estate has been managed by Marjolaine de Coninck since 2009, and it’s a rocking value in the market today. Tasted twice.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.