Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES EXPECT INCREASED DELAYS ON ALL DELIVERIES.
- AUSTRALIA POST DELIVERIES WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER.
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Fonplegade Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2018 Fonplegade strides confidently out of the glass with bold black cherries, warm plums and black raspberry scents plus hints of cedar chest, pencil shavings, lavender, garrigue and camphor. Full-bodied, rich and packed with expressive black fruits, it has a firm, velvety texture and just enough freshness, finishing long.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
Quite ripe, featuring boysenberry and plum reduction notes, backed by a healthy dose of anise and fruitcake flavors. Stays focused, with solid, graphite-edged grip carrying the finish. Really promising.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
This is really refined and beautiful, showing a new approach and reality to the terroir here. I appreciate the strength with finesse. Biodynamic.
Fonplégade is rich, layered and sumptuous, to a degree it has not been before. Raspberry jam, mocha, espresso and licorice all burst out of the glass. Sensual and alluring, Fonplégade is absolutely gorgeous in 2018. The oak is just a bit pronounced at this stage, but the wine appears to have all of the natural depth to handle it. Proprietors Denise and Stephen Adams, along with consulting winemaker Stéphane Derenoncourt and his team, continue to take Fonplégade to new heights. The 2018 is 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, from yields of just 27 hectoliters per hectare, down from the more typical 35 or so. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2018 Château Fonplégade is a big, rich, opulent barrel sample that doesn’t pull any punches with its black fruits, toasty oak, and chocolate-laced aromas and flavors. It lacks a touch of precision at the moment, but it has a terrific mid-palate, ripe tannins, and impressive balance. I suspect this is going to come together nicely once bottled and should be a rocking Saint-Émilion to enjoy over the following 10-15 years.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.