Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES EXPECT INCREASED DELAYS ON ALL DELIVERIES.
- AUSTRALIA POST DELIVERIES WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER.
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Cantenac Brown Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2018 Cantenac Brown is deep garnet-purple in color and a little coy to begin and then, with coaxing, opens out to lovely red roses, black tea, violets and underbrush scents with a core of warm red and black currants and chocolate-covered cherries. Full-bodied and laden with perfumed red and black fruit layers, it has a firm frame of fine-grained tannins and a long, fragrant finish.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
Winey and dark in profile, with steeped currant, plum and blackberry fruit, buttressed by ganache, smoldering tobacco and warm earth notes. Accents of bay leaf, alder and mineral are in reserve. Delivers a beguiling feel despite the concentration. A very strong showing.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
This CB has an extremely energetic palate with beautiful elegance and power. Pure and bright. Really lively. Firm and chewy tannins.
The 2018 Cantenac Brown is powerful, deep and super expressive, with striking persistence and terrific overall balance. The interplay of fruit intensity, aromatic depth and structure is compelling. In the 2018, the Grand Vin has a bit more Cabernet Sauvignon than in the past, plus drops of Franc, that give an added touch of energy. There is plenty of density and richness, but my impression is that the wine is also a bit less extracted than it has been in the recent past. The blend is 69% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc. Tasted three times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.