Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Canon la Gaffeliere Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2018 Canon la Gaffeliere has a fantastically exuberant nose of preserved plums, blueberry compote and black cherry pie with hints of menthol, mocha, Sichuan pepper and garrigue plus wafts of lavender and tilled soil. Full-bodied, concentrated and wonderfully decadent, it has a firm yet plush texture and just enough freshness in the background, finishing long with a menthol lift.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
A bright, mineral-driven style in the making, with the chalky aspect leading the way, quickly followed by a racy stream of red currant, raspberry and cherry coulis flavors. Has the grip of the vintage, but this is piercingly focused in feel.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
A lovely, fruity and juicy red with mineral and dried-tea character. Full and tightly structured with a long and flavorful finish. Tight at the moment, but shows momentum and depth.
The 2018 Canon La Gaffelière is extraordinary. Fresh, vibrant and bursting at the seams with energy, the 2018 takes full advantage of all the work Stephan von Neipperg and his team have implemented at their properties. Expressive floral and savory notes add myriad shades of nuance to a dark, sumptuous Saint-Émilion that melds together aromatic intensity and fruit richness. Even with all of its intensity, the 2018 retains an element of translucence that is beguiling. The blend is 50% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, which is to say a bit more Cabernet than in the past. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
One of the most elegant and classy wines in the vintage is the 2018 Canon-La-Gaffelière, which is based on 50% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc, and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon brought up in equal parts new and used barrels. This deep ruby/purple-colored effort offers a complex bouquet of kirsch, blueberries, licorice, orange blossom, and spring flowers. It’s medium to full-bodied, beautifully balanced, and focused on the palate, with building tannins that stay polished and sweet, and give plenty of length and cut on the finish. This beautiful Saint-Émilion offers both hedonistic and intellectual pleasure and will drink nicely for 25+ years.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.