Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Beausejour Duffau-Lagarrosse Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2018 Beausejour Heritiers Duffau-Lagarrosse is just a little reduced at this nascent juncture, opening to reveal decadent black plum preserves, blueberry compote and spice cake scents with hints of mincemeat pie, dried roses, star anise and cardamom plus a waft of charcuterie. Full-bodied, rich and densely laden with layers of black fruit and savory nuances, it has a rock-solid structure of firm, rounded tannins and seamless freshness, finishing with mineral sparks.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
Showy, with boysenberry and plum flavors liberally laced with red licorice notes. The fruit is flamboyant, but this reveals honest grip and solid energy through the finish.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
A muscular and powerful young wine with incredible depth and power. Full-bodied, layered and dense. Flexes its muscle with every sip, yet there’s agility and precision to it at the same time. Blueberries, salt, white pepper and stone. Purple fruit. Amazing depth.
The 2018 Beauséjour Héritiers Duffau-Lagarrosse is a fascinating wine, as it is quite a departure from recent vintages. In 2018, the Beauséjour is distinctly perfumed and floral, with a dense core of red fruit and a brighter profile than the darker personality that is usually such a signature of this cru. Although quite dense on the palate, the 2018 also has so much richness in its fruit that the typically austere tannins are pretty much buried. Rose petal, mint, blood orange and spice add nuance in a crescendo of aromas, flavors and textures that is dazzling. It is an especially refined Beauséjour. This is a tremendous showing from estate manger Nicolas Thienpont, consulting winemaker Stéphane Derenoncourt and their team. Tasted three times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
A brilliant follow up to the thrilling 2016, the 2018 Château Beausejour (Duffau-Lagarrosse) is a mix of 80/20 of Merlot and Cabernet Franc. As seamless and sexy as they come, with brilliant cassis, blueberry, violets, and background spicy oak, this beauty hits the palate with full-bodied richness, beautiful mid-palate depth, ultra-fine tannins, and a finish that won't quite. It's another magical wine from this estate that will be enjoyable with just 3-5 years of bottle age and cruise for three decades or more.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.