Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Villemaurine Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Villemaurine, a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc, has a ripe, glossy bouquet with maybe just a little more warmth showing through than some of its peers. There is more than enough black cherry and wild strawberry fruit here, though I would like to see more terroir expression. The palate is medium-bodied with supple red berry fruit laced with soy. I appreciate the acidic drive to this Saint Emilion and the precision and minerality that comes through on the persistent finish. Impressive.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
A solid Villemaurine with powerful structure and intensity. Full body, chewy tannins and a blackberry, walnut and wet-earth character. All there.
The 2016 Villemaurine is a rich, seductive wine. Creamy and bold, with soft contours and plenty of exuberant fruit, the 2016 is not going to win any awards for subtlety, but it packs a serious punch and more than enough depth to drink well for a number of years. Chocolate, espresso, plum and licorice notes meld into the sumptuous finish. This is in a decidedly modern, extracted style, but all the elements are very nicely fused together. Hubert de Boüard consults. Tasted four times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.