Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Sansonnet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Sansonnet is a blend of 85% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon matured in 80% new oak. It has a very intense, quite floral bouquet with an exotic touch that fortunately is nicely contained. The palate is medium-bodied with that Cabernet imparting a little rigidity to the tannin and a touch of graphite, but with very fine structure and focus, plenty of freshness on the finish. This may well surpass the 2016.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
On the gutsier side, with dark plum and currant fruit as well as a mouthfilling brambly note, but it's all integrated and energetic, with definition to match the heft. For fans of the more powerful style.-J.M.
Dense and velvety-textured red with extremely attractive blackberry and stone character. Mineral and floral. This shows less extraction than in the past and delivers.
The 2016 Sansonnet is a flat-out stunner. Vivid, rich and beautifully delineated from the very first taste, the 2016 manages to remain translucent and light on its feet despite its considerable richness. Graphite, lavender, plum, violet and sweet spices give the wine its captivating, exotic bouquet. Sansonnet has long been produced in a heavily extracted style. The 2016 is the first vintage made with gentle extractions, which allows the fruit and aromatics to come through with striking purity. This wine is dazzling - it's as simple as that. Jean-Philippe Fort is the consultant. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.