Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau le Gay Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Planted to 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, Chateau Le Gay is on a roll over recent vintages. Since 2005 the wines have started to reach the peaks they showed with legendary vintages from the 1940's and 1950's culminating with the stunning pair of 2015 and 2016.
The 2016 Le Gay is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc cropped at 27 hectoliters per hectare between 27 September and 14 October, matured in 100% new oak. The nose handles the new oak in stride with very pure, almost Côtes de Nuits-like red cherry and strawberry fruit, a patina of vanilla emanating from the wood. The palate is silky smooth on the entry with black cherry and blueberry fruit, a fine line of acidity, very polished in style with a gentle grip on the finish. Le Gay hit the high spots in the previous two vintages. I am not sure if in 2016 it quite reaches those levels, although it is still a sensual wine that should age with style over the next 15-20 years.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Very expressive, this nearly gushes with warm blueberry, plum and blackberry reduction notes while chocolate and melted licorice flavors fill in the background. Has fruit to burn, but might just be a bit shy on spine for the longer haul.-J.M.
One of the best Le Gays in years. Full-bodied and polished with superfine tannins. Layered. Goes on for minutes.
In a vintage in which so many wines are flashy, the 2016 Le Gay is sculpted, precise and full of nuance. Inky blue/purplish fruit, lavender, violet and licorice open up nicely, but it is the wine's translucence and sense of understatement that make it one of the most compellingly delicious Pomerols of the year. Michel Rolland consults. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.