Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau La Tour Carnet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 La Tour Carnet is a blend of 60% Merlot, 37% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Cabernet Franc that was picked between 4 and 21 October. Matured in 30% new oak, it has more freshness and delineation than the Château des Grands Chênes that I tasted alongside, touches of blue fruit and floral scents lending it a Margaux-like personality. The palate is smooth and velvety on the entry with fine tannin, lush and precocious yet maintaining fine freshness and precision on the finish. Its texture is nigh irresistible. It is excellent, though will it surpass the 2015?
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Direct, with good typicity to the mix of plum pit, black cherry and cedar notes, showing a flash of iron on the slightly austere finish.-J.M.
A linear and pretty wine with plenty of blackberry aromas and flavors to complement a tight and chewy tannin structure. Medium to full body and a bright finish. More structured than the 2015.
This is a rich wine, packed with tannins that contrast the fresh acidity and black currant fruit. It's a solid wine that's constructed to age.
Bernard Magrez's 2016 La Tour Carnet is ripe, open-knit and seductive. Super-ripe black cherry, plum, licorice, woodsmoke and tobacco are all beautifully delineated in the glass. A wine of striking inner perfume, sweetness and nuance, the 2016 Tour Carnet has all the elements to develop into a superb overachiever. Sweet, silky tannins add to the wine's considerable sexiness. This is the first vintage made in the new winery, where smaller tanks allowed for the separate vinification of multiple lots. The reduction in new oak is another big positive here. Bernard Magrez makes a number of terrific wines. La Tour Carnet is one of my favorites because of its budget friendly price and the way it ages in bottle. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.