Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Gloria Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Gloria is a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot and 7% Cabernet Franc that was picked from 29 September until 17 October. It is matured in slightly less oak than the Saint-Pierre, at 40%. This is a little more backward and broody compared to the Saint-Pierre and indeed its Saint Julien peers, demanding more coaxing from the glass. It almost reluctantly unfolds and unveils subtle pencil box and dry tobacco aromas. The palate is more outgoing than the aromatics with a vibrant, almost citrus-fresh opening, tensile tannins and a satisfying sense of energy. This feels nimble and agile in the mouth with a touch of white pepper lingering on the aftertaste. You come away with the feeling that this Gloria has something up its sleeve for those with patience to cellar it for eight to ten years.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Shows a flash of mint before giving way to a torrent of blueberry, blackberry and cassis flavors, pushed by energetic acidity and juicy, brambly grip. Plum cake and anise line the finish, along with a flash of tobacco. Lots going on here.-J.M.
Dense and layered red with berry and tobacco character, a full body and a savory finish. Got it all here.
The tannins in this wine are firm, resulting in a selection of more structural grip than fruity opulence. It will need to evolve and mellow, ensuring that the fruit is allowed to come forward.
The 2016 Gloria is striking. Ripe, dense and beautifully layered in the glass, the 2016 exudes class. Super-ripe red cherry, plum, pomegranate, rose petal, cinnamon and licorice notes abound, but it is the wine's juiciness and overall texture that are most appealing, A super-classic Saint-Julien, Gloria delivers serious quality for the money. Despite its obvious depth and fleshiness, the 2016 Gloria is also one of the most restrained, gracious Saint-Juliens readers will come across.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.