Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Fombrauge Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Fombrauge is a blend of 93% Merlot and 7% Cabernet Franc picked from 30 September to the 22 October, clearly more expressive on the nose compared to the 2016 Magrez-Fombrauge with attractive blackberry, raspberry coulis and cold stone aromas. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, linear but fresh with a grippy, slightly tarry finish that lingers in the mouth. It needs to find a little more "lightness" in terms of personality rather than intensity, perhaps not take itself quite so seriously. But I still find much to enjoy here and I look forward to tasting it in bottle. Tasted twice with consistent notes.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
A bit bulked-up in feel, with a warm cocoa frame around plum skin and warm currant confiture notes. More breadth than depth.-J.M.
Dense and fresh red with lots of blackberries, blueberries and walnuts. Hints of chocolate. Full-bodied, tight and refined yet always showing muscle.
This is a perfumed wine, likely thanks to a dollop (7%) of Cabernet Franc. It has ripe fruit characters, pleasant richness and a firm structure.
Dark raspberry, black cherry, plum, chocolate, smoke, wildflowers and exotic spices are some of the many notes that infuse the 2016 Fombrauge. Ripe, powerful and voluptuous, it offers a striking interplay of intense dark fruit and aromatic freshness. The purity of the flavors is compelling. A move toward fermenting more of the juice in cement and using less new oak during aging is having a noticeable influence on the evolution of Fombrauge away from a wine of pure power and toward a Saint-Émilion that displays more finesse than in the past.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.