Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau de Fonbel Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Fonbel is a blend of 70% Merlot, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Petit Verdot and 7% Carmenere picked from 29 September until 18 October at 50 hectoliters per hectare. It has a pretty cranberry and blackcurrant-scented bouquet, quite transparent and terroir-driven with nicely integrated oak (30% aged in new oak). The palate is medium-bodied with crisp tannin, a lively and breezy Saint Emilion, not the most complex you will find but full of personality. The freshness suggests that this will drink early, and that Carmenere just gives it something different (although Pauline Vauthier mentioned that she will regraft some of those vines).
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
A balanced and fruity wine with an almost Burgundian mouthfeel and balance. Medium body and a juicy finish.
This fruity wine offers soft tannins and crisp black-currant tones. It is spicy and bright, with plenty of acidity on the finish.
The 2016 de Fonbel is soft, supple and quite pretty. Sweet, floral aromatics and gently lilting small red fruits give the 2016 its delicate, gracious personality. A model of understatement and class, the 2016 should drink well pretty much right out of the gate. Today, the 2016 is a touch compact. It will be interesting to see if it fleshes out a bit more during its aging.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.