Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau de Fieuzal Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 De Fieuzal, which has enjoyed the consultancy services of Hubert de Boüard for a few years now, was uncharacteristically subdued on the nose when I encountered it on three occasions. The palate has more to say, bolstered by rigid and slightly chalky tannin that lend this Pessac-Léognan an undercurrent of energy. I cannot ever remember a more taut Château de Fieuzal than this 2016. There is freshness here, but at least at this prenatal stage, it is unwilling to dole out enjoyment. I hope that there is more charm to discern once it is bottled. At the moment, my preference would lie with the previous vintage.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Quite ripe, with warm plum and fig notes melding with singed alder and bay accents. Shows a mineral edge. There's lots of flesh here, but has cut on the finish.-J.M.
A wine with depth and structure that's defined by blackberry, blueberry and chocolate character. Full body, chewy tannins and a juicy finish. Shows potential.
This wine is packed with black currant fruit. It is warm, ripe and balanced by fine acidity. The structure will allow the wine to age well, with rich berry flavors and crispness in harmony.
The 2016 de Fieuzal is a powerful, plush wine endowed with explosive energy and fabulous balance. Exotic, ripe and inviting, it demands attention. Waves of dark-toned fruit, chocolate, spice and new leather build into the exotic, plush finish. Terrific.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.