Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Cantenac Brown Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Cantenac Brown comes from a Margaux estate that has upped its game in recent years. It has an intense bouquet with floral aromas filtering through the black cherries, cassis and boysenberry notes, in an odd way almost Saint-Emilion in style. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin. Silky smooth with very well-judged acidity, there is a sorbet-like freshness imbued into this Margaux and it just glides across the palate towards the quite sensual finish. This is certainly equal to the impressive 2015 Cantenac Brown.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Focused, with a light brambly frame around the juicy plum and blackberry fruit. Fresh bay and singed juniper notes line the finish. Nicely integrated and showing solid range. Well done.-J.M.
A young red with lovely density and richness defined by currant and light coffee-bean character. Medium to full body and lightly chewy tannins. Lots here in the glass.
Yes, this is firmly tannic and densely structured, but it's also a ripe wine, packed with fruit. The acidity is classic for this vintage, giving the wine excellent aging potential.
The 2016 Cantenac Brown is a powerful, intense wine, but it also comes across as a bit monolithic. There is plenty of depth to the inky red cherry, raspberry jam and spice notes. The tannins are present, but they are nearly buried by the sheer intensity of the fruit. Today, the 2016 comes across as very raw and fruit-driven. It will be interesting to see how things develop.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.