Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Leoville-Barton Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Leoville Barton is a blend of 86% Cabernet Sauvignon and 14% Merlot picked between 19-22 September and 28 September until 5 October for the Merlot and Cabernet respectively. Matured in 60% new oak, it has a more compelling and intense bouquet than the 2015 Langoa Barton at this early stage, whereas in other years I have found the siblings closer together. It delivers some lovely blackberry, sage and cigar box scents. The palate is very refined with edgy tannin, beautifully balanced with seamlessly integrated oak. It is the classic Léoville-Barton style, full of energy and showing more breeding than the Langoa on the finish. This is just an outstanding, classic, drop-dead gorgeous Léoville Barton that is destined to give immense pleasure over the coming years. Bravo Anthony, Lilian et al.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Gutsy, with mouthfilling blackberry and black currant compote flavors buttressed with very lively bramble and licorice notes. There's loads of grip, but this is velvety in feel.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Fine concentration of fruit and lovely fragrance; quite discreet for this château. The controlled vigour of better vintages has been replaced by classic ripeness, integrated tannins and fine balance.
A very savory and fruity red with red currant and plum aromas and flavors. Full body, firm backbone of tannins and a fresh finish. A generous and fruity young red. Fruity forward in a reserved way.
While the spicy wood is prominent at this stage, the wine also has weight. As the black currant fruits come through slowly, the wine shows a rich potential. The texture is dense and firm.
The 2015 Léoville-Barton is superb. Vivid and wonderfully nuanced in the glass, the 2015 offers exceptional purity in its aromas and flavors. As always, the house style favors finesse over pure power, but in 2015 there is a good bit of both. Graphite, pencil shavings and crème de cassis, herbs and mocha meld into a rich, textured, beautifully persistent finish. The tannins are there, but they are nearly buried. Léoville-Barton is not the most powerful or showy Saint-Julien in 2015, but it is class personified. Don't miss it. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.