Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau La Gaffeliere Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 La Gaffeliere is a blend of 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc. It offers attractive black cherries, boysenberry and mulberry fruit on the nose. Maybe it would benefit from a little more delineation, but the aromatics are focused and in sync with the oak. The palate is medium-bodied with fine grain tannin. The acidity is pitched nicely here lending ample freshness and poise. Energetic and vivacious, this is one of the best barrel samples that I have tasted from an estate that was revered during the 1960s. Time for a comeback?
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
A textbook modern St.-Emilion, with a core bursting with ripe plum and raspberry fruit, and a long finish that pumps out licorice and bramble accents. The fruit is matched by the energy.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Cool elegance from St-Emilion. Refined, fragrant nose with lovely purity of fruit. The palate is fresh and finely etched. Shows balance and harmony.
A silky and pretty wine with plum and berry aromas and flavors. Full body, refined and silky. Super refined tannins. Goes on for minutes.
The superrich wine has fine acidity that shows through the velvety tannins. It is a wine that is already finely balanced, with elegant and perfumed blackberry fruits.
The 2015 La Gaffelière is a brilliant wine. Soaring, intense aromatics make a strong first impression. Precise and beautifully sculpted throughout, the 2015 bristles with energy. The flavors show good brightness, while the tannins are exceptionally polished. Freshly cut flowers, mint, espresso, sweet red plums and anise grace the palate in an utterly exquisite wine built on finesse, precision and nuance. The 2015 La Gaffelière is an exceptional wine by any measure. The 70% Merlot/30% Cabernet Franc works very well. Stéphane Derenoncourt and Simon Blanchard are the consulting winmakers. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.