Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Carbonnieux Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Carbonnieux is a blend of 52% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot and 8% Petit Verdot matured in 30% new barrels for 15-18 months. It has a surprisingly high-toned and opulent bouquet, with kirsch and orange sorbet infusing the cassis and raspberry fruit. The palate is sweet and generous in style, harmonious in the mouth, with the structure only becoming apparent as it wends its way to the finish. Perhaps it just cuts away a little swiftly, but otherwise this remains a very well-crafted and highly enjoyable Pessac-Léognan.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Vibrant, with a tangy damson plum note lifting the dark currant and blackberry fruit, while subtle juniper and black tea accents line the finish. Shows good character.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Attractive dark red fruits, subtle liquorice and gently insisting tannins. One that will deliver pleasure earlier than some. There's a silky approachability, but it should also develop well.
A very tannic young wine with lots of extract. Full body, chewy and rich. Needs careful barrel maturation. Could be the best red ever from here. Traditional style.
There is a dark side to this wine. It shows in the brooding black fruits that are surrounded by dense wood flavors. It has power and good concentration for the future.
The 2015 Carbonnieux is laced with generous black cherry, plum, scorched earth, game, tobacco and cedar. The ripe, voluptuous fruit nearly buries the tannins, but they are very much present. This is an especially creamy, racy Pessac-Léognan built on forward fruit. The wine's textural balance and overall feel only add to the wine's considerable appeal.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.