Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2010 Chateau La Tour de Mons Pre Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Cellar 6 - 8 years (2020-2022)
- ABV 14%
- Closure: Cork
Tour de Mons lies in the north of Margaux, and dates back to the 13th century. Its wines have always stuck out in the Margaux landscape for the right reasons: their classicism sets them apart. For some time they have pleased a faithful crowd of customers (those finding more value in a silky Margaux than robust Pauillac). Athough the Estate does not generally command high scores from the usual suspects, the quality needs to be placed in context. If critics were to judge the Aston Martin DB5 by today’s standard, it would probably seem clunky and under appointed, yet still the most graceful vehicle on the road. Just like Tour de Mons’ restrained vintage elegance – this is Bordeaux classicism in a glass! A blend of 56% Merlot & 38% Cabernet Sauvignon with the balance made up in Petit Verdot.
Opaque black purple colour with bright purple red hue. Nosing reveals fresh ripe blackcurrant and dark cherry top notes followed by some cedar, earth and spice. Medium bodied with an elegant structured mouthfeel the palate possesses plenty of rich blackcurrant flavours over a background of cedar, light earth and spice. Dryish solid but fine grained tannins provide the framework and impart some chewiness on the finish. Medium to long ripe blackcurrant, earthy cedar and spice aftertaste.
Cellar 6-8 years (2020-2022).
...has power in reserve, but stays remarkably restrained for now, with a torrent of boysenberry, fig and raspberry fruit held in check by charcoal-studded grip and well-embedded acidity. The long, dense smoked apple wood finish should let this cruise nicely in the cellar.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
1. there is no minimum order
2. all wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Payment in full is required at time of order to secure these wines at the Pre-Arrival pricing.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in August 2014
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. errors and omissions excepted.
7. delivery charges may apply - these can be determined at http://www.nicks.com.au/australian-freight