Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2008 Chateau Rieussec Sauternes (375ml) - Pre-arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Cellar 5 - 8 years (2017-2020)
- ABV 13.5%
- Closure: Cork
Brilliant pale golden colour with pale gold hue. On the nose strong botrytis characters are present along with some honeyed peach, apricot and spice. The palate possesses excellent concentration and length with luscious mouthfilling flavours of honeyed lemon butter, ripe apricot, peach, marmalade and spice. Clean fresh finish with long very persistent aftertaste of honeyed lemon butter, ripe apricot and marmalade.
Cellar 5-8 years (2017-2020)
The 2008 Rieussec is a blend of 86% Semillon, 12% Sauvignon Blanc and 2% Muscadelle picked from 29 September until 14 November over four or five pickings. The nose seemed to have closed down since I last encountered it in 2012, quite earthy and resinous, lacking some spark. The palate is much better with sour lemon and quince on the entry, a touch of patisserie, strangely making me think of Danish pastry towards the well-defined finish. This 2008 is a little difficult to work out at the moment, perhaps overwhelmed by the succeeding vintage. Tasted April 2016.
Neal Martin - RobertParker.com (Feb 2017)
This cuts a broad swath, with dense fig, piecrust, green almond and golden raisin notes held together by ginger cream and tarte Tatin notes. The long, creamy finish lets a coconut milk hint check in. One for the cellar. Best from 2014 through 2025.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in November 2017.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.