2004 Wirra Wirra Woodhenge Shiraz

Delivery Information

Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia

Click here for all Australian freight rates

Typical delivery times - not guaranteed*
  • Melbourne 1-3 working days
  • Sydney 2-3 working days
  • Brisbane 3-5 working days
  • Adelaide 3-5 working days
  • Perth 5-10+ working days

For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.

International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.

There are currently no reviews for this product.

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

2004 Wirra Wirra Woodhenge Shiraz

McLaren Vale, South Australia, AUSTRALIA
$24.99 Bottle
  • Cellar 3 - 4 years (2009-2010)
  • ABV 14.5%
  • Closure: Cork

This wine is a tribute to Greg Trott’s massive ‘Woodhenge’ post-and-rail fence that greets visitors to the winery. Woodhenge is essentially in the mould of the fences early settlers would erect, but on a cyclopean scale, with posts more than two metres in diameter, some weighing over three tonnes. Less fence, more elemental sculpture, Woodhenge is a monument to "big" ideas.

The wine was matured for 22 months in new, one and two year old French and American barriques. Approximately 65% of the oak used was American oak and the remaining 35% was French oak. New oak consisted of 55% of the final blend. During the maturation period, barrels were regularly tasted to ensure they were suitable for inclusion in the final blend. Post blending, 2% Viognier was added to the wine, to enhance its aromatic complexity and mouthfeel. The Viognier had been matured for 10 months in 2-3 year old French oak.

Wirra Wirra has produced a generous fruit bomb of a Shiraz. Opaque black crimson colour with deep crimson hue. Lifted nose of vanilla, chocolate and spice followed by blackberry and violet end notes. Mouthfilling, joosy, classic McLaren Vale palate – spicy with strong white and black pepper flavours overlaid with blackberry and liquorice allsorts. Perfect balance. Very long aftertaste of liquorice, vanilla and black pepper. Winner of a trophy at the recent UK Decanter Magazine Wine awards. Yet another outstanding McLaren Vale Shiraz from the 2004 vintage.
Cellar 3-4 years (2009-2010)
Alc/Vol: 14.5%