2004 Wirra Wirra The Angelus Cabernet Sauvignon

Delivery Information

Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia

Click here for all Australian freight rates

Typical delivery times - not guaranteed*
  • Melbourne 1-2 working days
  • Sydney 1-2 working days
  • Brisbane 3-4 working days
  • Adelaide 4-5 working days
  • Perth 5-10 working days

For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.

International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.

There are currently no reviews for this product.

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

2004 Wirra Wirra The Angelus Cabernet Sauvignon

McLaren Vale, South Australia, AUSTRALIA
$46.99 Bottle
  • Cellar 4 - 5 years (2010-2011)
  • ABV 14.5%
  • Closure: Cork

Notes sourced from Wirra Wirra.

The ¾ tonne Wirra Wirra bell is rung to announce the start and finish of each vintage in McLaren Vale and for other suitable celebrations. For generations its voice rang out thrice daily at 6 am, midday and 6 p.m. from the Jesuit Church in Norwood, South Australia, calling the faithful to ‘The Angelus’ prayer. In honour of that tradition, the name ‘The Angelus’ is reserved only for exceptional parcels of Cabernet Sauvignon, which are selected and vinified at Wirra Wirra Vineyards. ‘The Angelus’ is traditionally a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon from the McLaren Vale & Coonawarra regions.

Produced from 100% Cabernet Sauvignon fruit, 76% of wine was aged in new French oak barriques and hogsheads. The remaining 24% was aged in one year old French oak.

Deep red plummy red colour with bright rim. The nose displays intense black berry fruits and mulberries supported by some herbal notes; mainly dried marjoram and caraway seeds. Oak adds another dimension, offering cedar, spice, tobacco leaf and smoky aromas. On the palate bright red berry fruits, opulence on the palate. Tannins are long and fine grained and well intergrated with the savory oak. This wine is supported by layers of texture and elegance, offering generous fruit weight and length, with lingering toffee and spice. This wine will cellar well over the next ten to twelve years.
Alc/Vol: 14.7%

Tasting Note:
Bright deep crimson colour with deep crimson hue. Top note of cedar, followed by spice and toasted oak, with end notes of blackcurrant and violet. The palate flavour profile is refined but it misses out on the great depth and length that the Angelus made by Ben Riggs delivered. Flavours of blackcurrant, cedar and spice emerge with just a hint of old leather. Fine grained tannins. Excellent balance. Aftertaste of blackcurrant and cedar.
Cellar 4-5 years (2011-2012)
Alc/Vol: 14.5%