2004 Wirra Wirra R.S.W. Shiraz

Delivery Information

Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia

Click here for all Australian freight rates

Typical delivery times - not guaranteed*
  • Melbourne 1-2 working days
  • Sydney 2-3 working days
  • Brisbane 3-4 working days
  • Adelaide 4-5 working days
  • Perth 5-10 working days

For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.

International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.

There are currently no reviews for this product.

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

2004 Wirra Wirra R.S.W. Shiraz

McLaren Vale, South Australia, AUSTRALIA
$49.99 Bottle
  • Cellar 3 - 4 years (2009-2010)
  • ABV 14.8%
  • Closure: Cork

Very deep crimson colour with deep crimson hue. Superb lifted nose of violets, liquorice and confectionary. The palate has elegance with style. Flavours of white pepper and spice are overlaid with violet infusions and confectionary. Fine grained tannins, perfect balance. Very long aftertaste of confectionary and spice.
Cellar 3-4 years (2009-2010)
Alc/Vol: 14.5%

Notes sourced from Wirra Wirra.

This wine is named after Robert Strangways Wigley, a noted South Australian eccentric cricketer who established Wirra Wirra in 1894.

He produced a much-acclaimed shiraz, which was exported to England and the Empire until his death in 1925. The cellars fell into disuse after the 1936 vintage, until first cousins Greg and Roger Trott rebuilt the ironstone winery by hand in 1969. McLaren Vale, as well as being home to some of the oldest shiraz vines in the world, is blessed with climatic conditions and soil types which are ideal for growing this variety. These factors contribute directly to the regions’ reputation for producing shiraz of world acclaim and have a profound influence on the style and quality of this wine.

Of the final blend, 95% of the wine was matured for 22 months in new French and American oak barrel. The remaining 5% was matured in one year old barrels. French Oak consisted of 66% and American oak 34 % of
the blend.

Deep violet colour with a garnet rim. The nose displays powerful black cherry, plum and mulberry fruits supported by aniseed, mocha and savory spices. Oak offers cedar, vanilla bean, roasted almond and fresh
coffee. The palate is refined with harmonious black berry fruits. The wine expresses layers of texture and elegance with superb intergration of fine grained velvety tannins, oak and fruit. Fennel and smoky oak characters contribute to this opulent wine and balance well with the cinnamon spice and licorice finish. Will drink well for ten to fifteen years
Alc/Vol: 14.8%

 Click here to read more about the McLaren Vale wine region.