1999 Stone Bridge Coniglio Nero

Delivery Information

Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia

Click here for all Australian freight rates

Typical delivery times - not guaranteed*
  • Melbourne 1-2 working days
  • Sydney 1-2 working days
  • Brisbane 3-4 working days
  • Adelaide 4-5 working days

For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.

International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.

There are currently no reviews for this product.

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

1999 Stone Bridge Coniglio Nero

Manjimup, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA
$26.99 Bottle
  • Closure: Cork

This is an unusual wine in that its contents are largely a mystery. 5% consists of Sangiovese whilst the other 95% of the wine is an unknown cultivar. How could this come about you ask? The answer is simple. The wrong rootstock was delivered from the nursery and the mistake was not discovered until many years later! The folks at Stone Bridge are working to identify the variety but this may be some time away. The name "Coniglio Nero" comes from the Italian meaning "black rabbit" and refers to the black rabbits found in and around the vineyard.

Opaque black crimson colour with very deep crimson hue. The nose displays earthy, plum notes with hints of blackpepper, truffle and spice. Quite Shiraz like, however, the palate seems to have a Zinfandel type of flavour - particularly accentuated by the firmish tannins. Palate flavours of earth, plum and liquorice with just a hint of blackberry and mint. Fine grained, dry, firmish tannins. Well balanced, with a very long aftertaste of truffle, mint, plum and liquorice. Cellar 3-4 years. (2005-2006) Alc./Vol.13%

RATING: 89/100