Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
1999 Chateau d'Yquem Sauternes (375ml) Pre Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- ABV 13.9%
- Closure: Cork
Having taken advice from the negociant trade in Bordeaux on current market conditions Chateau d'Yquem, has just released their 1999 vintage at a lower price than the 1998, a vintage of similar quality. Chateau d’Yquem are keen to generate excitement among wine lovers for the wine to be consumed and enjoyed, rather than just be a collectable or commodity wine being traded at high prices. The price is at a similar level to the release price of the 1993 vintage, and it is a great opportunity to obtain some of the worlds greatest botrytis affected wine at a reasonable price.
Below are tasting notes from Chateau d'Yquem & Wine Spectator:-
'A subtle combination of d'Yquem know-how and a lot of hard work, with a spot of luck, made the 1999 vintage well balanced and elegant, as well as unusually approachable and enjoyable to taste now. It also has all the power and length required for tremendous ageing potential. The 1999 vintage is certainly one of the winners from this decade.
Tasting Notes: Superb, brilliant golden colour. The bouquet is already intense and very expressive, to an extent rarely seen in a wine this young. Tremendously pure, complex aromas: yellow fruit, dried fruit, spices, aromatic plants, and elegant oak. Starts out beautifully on the palate. The roundness is backed up by great acidity and a vivacious quality. Beautifully smooth and soft aftertaste. This elegant wine has a remarkably long finish. 13.9% Alc Vol.'
Notes sourced from Chateau d'Yquem.
'The 1999 was particularly impressive for the vintage. It was superbly focused and beautiful on the nose, with sugared lemons, tropical fruit and maple syrup character. Full-bodied and thick, yet very fine, it was extremely sweet and long. 94 points.
James Suckling - Wine Spectator
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. The wines are due to arrive in December 2014.
4. Payment in full is required at time of order to secure these wines at the pre-arrival pricing.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by clicking here.