- Nick's Import
2020 Gracia Pre-Arrival Offer
Opaque purple-black colored, the 2020 Gracia charges out of the gate with powerful notes of baked black plums, boysenberries and blackberry preserves, followed by hints of cedar chest, espresso, Indian spices and garrigue. The medium to full-bodied palate has a rock-solid backbone of firm, grainy tannins and bold freshness supporting the generous black fruits, finishing long and spicy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Gracia has plenty of hubris on the nose, bursting from the glass with scents of black plum, kirsch and crème de cassis, and later, a more floral/crushed violet aroma; almost Margaux-like in style. The palate is medium-bodied with succulent tannins, fine acidity and edgy black fruit laced with allspice and black pepper. This is a powerful Gracia, but it is kept on a firm leash and it fans out with confidence and class on the finish. This garagiste (remember that term?) should drink well for 15–20 years, possibly longer.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A young wine with fantastic depth and richness. Lots of fruit and velvety tannins that are intertwined in layers. Rich and focused. Chewy finish. All here, with the potential to become something great.
Coming from a tiny terroir and mostly Merlot blended with 25% Cabernet Franc, the 2020 Château Gracia sports a deep, inky color as well as gorgeous notes of pure cassis interwoven with notes of flowers, charcoal, camphor, and classy oak. Winemaker Michel Gracia continues to make a rich, powerful wine, yet his 2020 has a wonderful sense of purity and elegance, with a bright spine of acidity as well as outstanding length. This is certainly in the realm of the 2019, and maybe even the 2018. It’s going to benefit from 4-6 years in the cellar, but it’s worth it!
Dark in color, the wine is rich, lush, opulent and polished. The layers of flowers, silky-textured plums, cherries, licorice and blackberry provide length, purity, complexity and character. The finish is fresh, long and rich. I am really liking the style of this wine.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.