- Nick's Import
2020 Clos des Jacobins Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Clos des Jacobins is very nicely done. Soft and open-knit, Clos des Jacobins offers quite a bit of both immediacy and appeal. Sweet red berry fruit, mocha, licorice, spice, menthol and espresso build in a creamy, inviting Saint-Émilion that will drink well with minimal cellaring. A second bottle showed quite a bit more tannic bite. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Blackberry, blueberry and dark-chocolate character with a chewy finish. Full-to medium-bodied. Black walnut. Dark earth. Excellent quality of tannins.
Black pepper spice on the nose, this has slightly austere blue and blackberry fruits and clear limestone influence in the juice. Will take a few years to come around, but the coffee grounds and grilled oak that sit underneath the fruit right now play nicely into the whole, giving a sleek, successful and confident feel. Magali and Thibault Decoster are the owners here, Hubert de Boüard the consultant. Harvest September 21 to 28, 75% new oak for ageing.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.