- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Soutard-Cadet Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Soutard-Cadet is a blend of 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and (for the first time) 5% Petit Verdot. It is aging for approximately 16 months in French oak barrels, 70% new. The alcohol is 15%. Opaque purple-black colored, it charges out of the gate with powerful notes of blackberry preserves, blueberry pie and prunes, plus hints of fruitcake, Indian spices and garrigue, with a waft of licorice. The rich, concentrated, full-bodied palate is packed with juicy black fruits and exotic spices, supported by a rock-solid foundation of firm, ripe, rounded tannins and tons of freshness, finishing long with emerging earthy nuances.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Soutard-Cadet is a modern, full-throttle Saint-Émilion bursting at the seams with blackberry jam, chocolate, licorice, cloves and new leather. Unctuous and flamboyant in the glass, the 2020 builds effortlessly towards a crescendo of aromas and flavors that saturate the finish. I can't say this is my favorite style, but the 2020 is impeccably done.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Blackberry with salt and white pepper. Very minerally. It’s full-bodied and polished with finesse and sophistication. Reminds me of the excellent 2018.
Another incredible wine from Marie Lefévère, the 2020 Château Soutard-Cadet boasts a dense purple hue as well as awesome cassis and darker, almost blue fruits to go with lots of tobacco leaf, graphite, crushed stone, and background oak. It’s another medium to full-bodied, pure, seamless wine in the vintage that stays focused and elegant on the palate, with ripe, polished tannins. The purity of fruit is terrific as well.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.