- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Rochebelle Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2020 Rochebelle is a little youthfully coy to begin, with subtle kirsch and black raspberry scents giving way to a core of baked black plums and boysenberries with wafts of fallen leaves, red roses and black truffles. The medium to full-bodied palate (14.5% alcohol) delivers bright, crunchy black and red berry flavors, framed by finely grained tannins and a racy backbone, finishing long and perfumed. Very pretty wine!
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
A very solid core of fruit here with dark-berry, chocolate and walnut character. Medium to full body with chewy tannins and a long, flavorful finish. Polished texture. 85% merlot and 15% cabernet franc.
The 2020 Château Rochebelle should be another outstanding wine from this estate, which has just recently brought on the talented Thomas Duclos as a consultant. One of those fresh, vibrant, yet also beautifully concentrated 2020s, it has a great nose of mulberries, black cherries, tobacco, sous bois, and damp earth. These all carry to a medium to full-bodied, pure, precise, lengthy Saint-Emilion with plenty of tannins as well as flawless integration in its fruit and acidity. This is an up-and-coming estate readers should put on their radar!
Dark garnet in color, the wine opens with spicy, dark red fruits, licorne, flowers, espresso and wet earth. Medium/full-bodied, elegantly textured, fresh and silky, the fruit expresses a beautiful sense of purity. Polished and refined from start to finish, this is clearly a new style of wine at Rochebelle and a big step up in quality from previous vintages. Much of that credit deservedly goes to their new consultant, Thomas Duclos.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.