- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Prieure-Lichine Pre-Arrival Offer
Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2020 Prieure-Lichine offers up notes of fresh redcurrants, blackcurrant pastilles, boysenberries and dried Provence herbs, plus wafts of tobacco leaf and pencil shavings. Medium-bodied, the palate delivers a great intensity of pure black and red fruit flavors, framed by grainy tannins and a lively backbone, finishing long with a refreshing herbal lift.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
This is really something with pure blackberry and blueberry character. Chewy yet ultra fine tannins. It goes on and on. Could challenge the great 2016.
The ruby/purple-hued 2020 Château Prieure-Lichine offers a medium to full-bodied, plush, layered style that carries beautiful red and blue fruits, notes of sandalwood and flowery incense, outstanding overall balance, ripe tannins, and a great finish.
Dark garnet with purple around the edges, the wine pops with spearmint, vanilla, spice, black, red and blue fruit on the nose. Plush, soft and silky, round and full-bodied, the layers of ripe, polished fruits that coat your palate do not want to quit. This is a solid vintage for Preiure Lichine.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Plenty of juicy dripping autumnal fruit, cassis and blueberry with a crack of black pepper and a good lick of saline freshness on the finish that makes you want to take another sip. One of the clear successes, intense and concentrated with balanced tannins and acidity, if some bitter almond overtones. A yield of 32hl/ha. 40% new oak. Harvested right through to October 1st.Tasted twice.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Full bottle 1,297 g. Cask sample taken 6 April. 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot, 40% new oak.
Black core with purplish rim. Fragrant with the intense aromas of cassis and spicy black plum. A little sweeter-smelling than some but also dark and savoury, with subtle oak spice and char. Even a light floral note entwined with all that dark fruit. The oak is a little more obvious on the palate, as much in the smooth but thick tannins as in the flavour. Full in the mouth but nicely dry and fresh on the finish.
Julia Harding MW - jancisrobinson.com
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.